The Beautiful Game – Chapter 1 – New Version 0.4 [Daggum]
1. Extract and run.
This game is a choice-based visual novel, where you take on the role of Zach, a fresh and naive graduate. He grew up in small town and had a sheltered upbringing, and is about to move to the sprawling metropolis that is Ocean City for his first ever job. Initially he will lodge with a family friend, a successful businesswoman, before moving into his own place.
Zach will face many of the wonders and temptations that can be found in a great city. His eyes will be opened, he will face many difficult – but interesting – choices, and he will gradually become a man. He will be encouraged, guided, and tempted along the way by a variety of wonderful characters.
Will Zach turn out to be a pure and innocent boy, the kind of boy mothers want their daughter to bring home? Or will Zach follow a slightly different path, one where he tries to bring a mother and daughter back to his home…
The story begins with Zach moving to Ocean City and starting his job as a sports scientist and sports massage therapist at Ocean City Football Club… the top women’s football team in the country.
I have removed the old, obsolete v0.3 links and replaced them with links to the new v0.4 of the game. Images are already compressed to reduce game size. If you want the uncompressed higher quality images then please consider supporting me on Patreon. Change log summary below:
– The game is now played using the first person. That’s right. I converted the entire script from third person to first person. I might have gone slightly mad in the process.
– I added a feature that allows you to choose the name of the main character (MC).
– Improved the GUI across all operating systems.
– Added a credits page.
– Improved the music and sounds selection.
– Re-did the renders on several early scenes to make sure they match the quality of later scenes. This quality difference represents the fact that I have learned a lot on this development journey, and I am still learning loads.
– Converted some lengthy narrative into dialogue, especially early on in the game. The aim is to improve the flow and balance.
– Added a splash screen.
– Added an introduction scene, where Jasmine shows you how to play the game.
– Switched from accessing the affection system via a quick menu and instead to a cool football in the top right of the screen. This looks better, and means that this change allows Android players to have a similar game experience as PC, Linux, and Mac players.
– Replaced the opening scene to the game, and we now start in the MC’s home town.
– Added more back story to several characters.
– Tweaked some of the storytelling technique I have been using, reflecting a slight shift away from ‘tell’ to ‘show’.
– As you can see from the preview images there’s more content included. The story continues. Highlights include: a velodrome session, a monster truck, and some TLC from Jasmine.
Download Keep2share (k2s.cc)
Size: 776 mb